[AMRadio] Replacement Tubes

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 09:57:18 EST 2008

Bob Macklin wrote:
> How many people have left the skin on their fingers on a HOT 6L6?

Is it the Ranger I (1614's) or Ranger II (7027's) that have B+ on a pin,
that when 6L6's are substituted, the B+ appears on the outside metal
plate of the tube?

Ask me how I know... {{{{BZZZZZT}}}}

But, that wasn't nothing compared to the 'thrill' I got one night, while
talking to John/WA5BXO on 75m one night when I got across roughly 1kVDC.

Mostly went through my right thumb...  but I held the 'securely
grounded' D-104 in the left hand...

NOT fun!

Nowadays, I don't let -me-, let alone anyone else, get behind my rig
while it's on the air.

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope,

73 = Best Regards,