[AMRadio] Replacement Tubes

JT Croteau jt.n1ese at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 10:17:53 EST 2008

On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 10:09 AM, jeremy-ca <km1h at jeremy.mv.com> wrote:
> JT, just put the manual in the drawer and pay attention to what we are
>  trying to get thru to you.

Karl, but according to Slab Bacon:

"GBs" and "GCs" carry a little higher dissapation and power handling
ratings and are designet to have a little more oomph at higher
operating voltages. And also more designed for audio than RF service.
"

The HV supply powering the plates on my 6L6's runs at 275W.  The
regular 6L6's have a max. rating of 275W, shouldn't I be using a tube
with a slightly higher rating such as a GB or G6.

I am trying to listen so please be patient with me, I am being told
different things by different people.

--
JT Croteau, N1ESE - Manchester, NH (FN42gx)
Contest Manager, TARA Skirmish