Speech Processing Re: [AMRadio] RE: MODULATION POWER REQUIRED

Bob Macklin macklinbob at msn.com
Fri Feb 15 10:52:51 EST 2008

I have not looked at the EICO modulator clipper. But I would expect it to be
the type of speech processor shown in the ARRL handbooks from the 50's and
60's.

I work with both tubes and solid state. Today this is the kind of thing that
would be done with DSP. Why? Remote control!

Look through some of the older ARRL Handbooks. These are easy to do in
either tube or transistor circuits.

In tube circuits it was common to use inductor/capacitor low pass filters.
In transistor designs it was common to use active filters.

Bob Macklin
K5MYJ
Seattle, Wa,
"Real Radios Glow in the Dark"