[AMRadio] Replacement Tubes

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 14:20:20 EST 2008

JT Croteau wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 9:20 AM, jeremy-ca <km1h at jeremy.mv.com> wrote:
>
>> Your rig is spec'ed for 6L6's period.
>>

> Manual states otherwise, manual specs and schematic says 6L6GB's.
> According to the specs, voltages are different between 6L6, 6L6GB, and
> 6L6GC with the GC's having the higher voltages.

It's always been my understanding that a 6L6Gx meant it was a 6L6 in a
glass tube.

But, since I wasn't sure, I went looking, and did a little investigation.

You can check out the differences for yourself at
http://www.mif.pg.gda.pl/homepages/frank/sheets65.html

Then again, as someone else said, it seems much hoopla over the
differences in 6L6's and 6V6's, and yet Zero comments on a Huff-n-Puff
"very stable" VFO project.

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope,

73 = Best Regards,