[AMRadio] Wanted: Receiver - New England

JT Croteau jt.n1ese at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 10:16:02 EST 2008

I'm going to be looking for a receiver at the beginning of the month
(hate getting paid once/month) and wondering if anyone has anything
they'd be selling or have any leads on.

I don't have a big list of requirements and can't afford a "museum
quality" R-390A or Super Pro but want to get on the air now that I
have a decent plate modulated TX and not sure if my simple regen I am
building will be up to snuff.  I should probably save/wait for
NEAR-fest but I'd really like to get on the air.

I'll have $350 to $400 to spend:

* Primary use - HAM band AM reception primarily on 75 and 40 initially
- 160 down the road

* Needs to work, something that needs a little TLC is fine but would
like it to work as soon as I bring it home.

* Something located north of New York City so I can come pick it up.
I don't like driving south of NYC.

* Nice audio, doesn't have to be the greatest quality but just
enjoyable listening and something I can feed into a nice speaker
system.

* Something that would fit inside a 19" rack cabinet would be a big
plus but not a requirement.  Desk space is getting sparse but I have
about 3' of unused space inside my rack where a RX could fit nicely.

Any ideas?  Thanks guys.

--
JT Croteau, N1ESE - Manchester, NH (FN42gx)
Contest Manager, TARA Skirmish