[AMRadio] Wanted: Receiver - New England

jeremy-ca km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Sat Feb 16 14:05:07 EST 2008

I'll second the R-4C and HQ-140X, both excellent for their respective
decades.

The R-4C comes in a few different versions with the real high serial # being
the collectors choice. The last of the breed had a SS front end and is very
prone to overload. Something before the 25K serial is excellent, there is
plenty written on mods, Sherwood stuff, etc. At one point when actively
contesting I had three C Lines set up for different bands.

For even less money a R-4B or even a R4-A would be quite good for your
immediate needs.

If you really want to fill a rack then the NC-183D or a HQ-170A would do it
well.

Of course Nearfest is only 3 months away! I'll see you up there.

Carl
KM1H