[AMRadio] Drake R4B Questions

JT Croteau jt.n1ese at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 17:05:32 EST 2008

As I am reading reviews and manuals for potential purchase, a question
has come up regarding the R4B as the R4 series is definitely on my
short list.

On the R4B there is a connection labeled INJ as a way to couple the
pre-mixer system of the receiver to a transmitter.  My question is, is
this proprietary to Drake transmitters and is this for spotting the
transmitter to the receiver?  My transmitter has a VFO spot function
and the manual states to connect it to the receivers B supply.  Is
this the same thing or would I have to make a different connection to
the receiver for VFO spotting?

Thanks

--
JT Croteau, N1ESE - Manchester, NH (FN42gx)
Contest Manager, TARA Skirmish