[AMRadio] Wanted: Receiver - New England

Jim Miller WB5OXQ in Waco wb5oxq at grandecom.net
Sun Feb 17 17:28:05 EST 2008

The 300 IS a great receiver but it is ham bands only so if you want to do
any swl listening it may not be what you want.  I had one and for ham bands
it is real good and works well on ssb also.  I did not like it as well on am
as the sx 110 I am restoring now and the Hallicrafters is general coverage
with bandspread for 80,40 20, 15, and 10 meter ham bands but not as good on
ssb as the national..  there are lots of good tube sets out there you need
to decide if you want to use it only on ham or do you want to listen to
international broadcasts also?  My favorite receiver for swl and ham has
been a Hammurland HQ180 but they are not cheap when you can find one.
WB5OXQ