[AMRadio] Wanted: Receiver - New England

Rodger Hough nfn07981 at naples.net
Sun Feb 17 20:41:21 EST 2008

There are a couple of Hammarlund receivers, the HQ-100 General
Coverage and the Hammarlund HQ-110 that provide pretty good AM
performance on the lower bands. They sound pretty good as is into a
decent, efficient speaker and with the modifications included in this
article (costing all of about 2 bucks), they sound even better. I
have both receivers and am amazed at the nice sounds I receive from
the Florida AM Group.

http://www.amwindow.org/tech/htm/hqaudiomods.htm

The good news is, these receivers can often be found for less than
half of your proposed budget.

Rodger
K1HH