[AMRadio] 7160

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 01:33:49 EST 2008

Mike Duke, K5XU wrote:
> There is still a little AM activity there, usually on Saturday or Sunday
> afternoon near 2:00 PM.

There's been some AM activity on 40m on 7.290 on Saturday and Sunday
afternoons, as well.  At least, there used to be.

> I remember the hay day of 7160, especially on Saturday mornings and Saturday nights.
> There was John, W5MEU with a fine sounding BC610 from San Antonio,

That BC-610 will be back in my shack again, soon.

> plus a guy named Tom, whose call I don't recall, but who had one of the best
> signals from a Ranger I've ever heard.

Wasn't Tom in Arkansas?  Had an AA5 call, as I recall.

> There was also a guy named Paul from Illinois.

That'd be W9IEY, Paul near Chicago.

> I'm omitting many other calls from that 7160 group, but there were a bunch
> of guys there at least every weekend, and sometimes through the week as
> well.

Oh, there were plenty of others that were on 40m, including Marv/W5TQO
to name one, but a bunch more I can't remember, either.

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope,

73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR