[AMRadio] 40M AM?

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Mon Feb 18 12:59:15 EST 2008

>   Just moaning!

Moaning is ok, but lets be respectful to all those who are licensed no
matter when they took the tests.

While I agree there is a difference in the way current tests are
adminstrated, there really isn't much difference in the subject matter.

Since we are authorized to use satellite and Spread Spectrum modes, or
for that matter any mode, we should have at least a basic knowledge.
The same is true of the questions about VE and VECs.  As an Extra you
are qualified to administer all tests for amateur licenses.  That is why
the questions are there.

However, we want to mentor all newcomers and make them feel welcome.  If
they operate improperly  others may not talk to them which, hopefully,
will lead to correcting any improper operation.  If we make them feel
bad now, when they change they won't talk to us or join our group here.

Jim/W5JO
Moderator