[AMRadio] 40M AM?

Glenn Zemanek zemanek at att.net
Mon Feb 18 13:18:10 EST 2008

That is not necessarily so.  If you wanted a ticket you would have done what
was needed to pass the exam.  If it was essay and drawing schematics you
would have learned that.  Now it is multiple choice questions. So you study
the multiple choice questions.  That seems to be the trend in most
educational endeavors.  The multiple choice exam is the examination method
of choice.  Just because you took and passed a multiple choice exam does not
mean that you are not interested in learning more about radio.  I passed the
extra multiple choice exam; to me it is a hobby and I try and learn as much
as I can by reading and asking questions. Would the amateur radio world be
better off if the exam was much more difficult and less people joined the
ranks--I think not.  I got my ham ticket when I was in my fifties.  I had
the money to acquire a substantial amount of equipment and I grew nostalgic
for tube type of equipment so I started collecting boat anchors. I will
learn how to work the radios and keep them repaired.  I know who to call for
help and know when I am in over my head. If you want something badly enough
you will do what it takes.  If you want excuses not to upgrade you will find
them also.

Glenn kc2fzv  Still deployed with the USSF in Herat Afghanistan