[AMRadio] 7160

D. Chester k4kyv at charter.net
Mon Feb 18 13:53:23 EST 2008

> From: Geoff/W5OMR <ars.w5omr at gmail.com>

> I also remember, back in the 'glory days' of 7.160, when brother
> Noel/W5FAO was on the air in Waco, Mil/K5LKM was in Columbus and Ken
> Smith, W5FLV was on the air in Bellaire, TX.  Back then, Bellaire was
> South and East of Houston, between downtown Houston and Sugarland.  Now,
> Bellaire (and Sugarland, for that matter) are all incorporated into the
> conglomeration that has become the 'Greater Metro Houston area' which
> encompasses from Conroe to La Port, and from Brookshire to nearly
> Winnie, TX.

Are you saying that Bellaire is no longer a separately incorporated town?
When I lived in Houston, it was an incorporated town on its own, with its
own city council, police force and its own city ordinances , but located
completely within the Houston city limits, and surrounded by the City of
Houston.

A little like Vatican City, which is legally a sovereign nation contained
within Rome, Italy.

Don, k4kyv