[AMRadio] 40M AM?

Rick rickb at tx.rr.com
Mon Feb 18 14:23:14 EST 2008

That's mighty good advice, Jim.  Your reasoning on the content of the
present exam is also right on, as usual.  I have a friend who is a member of
the question pool team and he says since the rigs and modes change so
quickly in today's digital world it is very difficult to compose a pool of
questions to cover present technology and yet extend the pool into the next
few years.  It's not  task I would want.

Rick/K5IAR

>   Just moaning!

Moaning is ok, but lets be respectful to all those who are licensed no
matter when they took the tests.

While I agree there is a difference in the way current tests are
adminstrated, there really isn't much difference in the subject matter.

Since we are authorized to use satellite and Spread Spectrum modes, or
for that matter any mode, we should have at least a basic knowledge.
The same is true of the questions about VE and VECs.  As an Extra you
are qualified to administer all tests for amateur licenses.  That is why
the questions are there.

However, we want to mentor all newcomers and make them feel welcome.  If
they operate improperly  others may not talk to them which, hopefully,
will lead to correcting any improper operation.  If we make them feel
bad now, when they change they won't talk to us or join our group here.

Jim/W5JO
Moderator