[AMRadio] Heath HO 10 Monitor Scope

John King k5pgw at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 24 13:11:07 EST 2008

Have replaced bad 3RP1 cathode tube in my HO 10 and
tested all other tubes. Have changed the two
.15 at 1600VDC capacitors.

It is working however not up to PAR. All controls
work. The current problem is that when in the
trapezoid pattern monitoring AM transmitted signal,
the horizontal width of the trapezoid doesn't
completely fill out to a symetrical point. The
horizontal position and horizontal gain pots work
except that there doesn't seem to be enough horizontal
gain to cause the trapezoid to fully display the full
signal.

I have a properly working SB 610 that shows clearly my
transmitted AM signal. The HO 10 doesn't fill out the
trapezoid symetrically to a point.

I suspect a resistor in the horizontal gain circuit
having changed value or maybe a suspect capacitor. Are
there any commonly known culprits that cause this loss
of horizontal gain? Naturally, I am lazy by nature,
and would rather "pick your brains" than use my feeble
brain. What are your thoughts based on your vast
knowledge and EXPERIENCE??? Thanks and 73, John, K5PGW