[AMRadio] TH vs TL

Brett Gazdzinski Brett.Gazdzinski at verizon.net
Sun Feb 24 17:15:14 EST 2008

Not sure if one type requires much more power to drive, or the drive circuit
is wrong.
The TL versions, like the 812(a) needs lots more VOLTAGE to drive
the grid.
It might just be a matter of the grid input circuit developing the
voltage....

In the arrl handbook, they have the 100 TH taking 18 watts of drive, the TL
20.
Not a big difference....

Also, anyone ever notice the arrl handbooks had a typo on the TH-TL listings
for class B service, the 100TH does 3000 volts, 215ma for 650 watts out,
the 100TL has the same 3000 volts and 215 ma for 450 watts out.

They never corrected it as far as I know....

Brett
N2DTS