[AMRadio] {ADMIN NOTICE TO SELLERS AND BUYERS ON THIS LIST}

rbethman rbethman at comcast.net
Fri Feb 29 10:57:48 EST 2008

Brian,

I'm afraid I have to agree with Ed.

The Boatanchor list, carried by the QTH.NET servers, responds entirely
different that THIS list on QTH.NET does.

I get JUST the list whether I click on Reply - OR - Reply All.

Why is THIS list different?

Bob - N0DGN

A.R.S. - WA5AM wrote:
> Gentlemen,
>
> I am beating a dead horse all over again.  In all likelihood, we will
> decide NOT to allow selling ANYTHING on this list due to the fact that
> those who sell their goods here, don't pay attention to moderator and
> admin warnings (see just a few links to this in the archives below)
> about stating very clearly in their for sale ads that they need to
> inform any potential buyers to reply directly to them.
>
> Jim/W5JO, one of our moderators has just, in very recent times, like
> yesterday, tried to express this to the list.
>
> The replies to these for sale ads are just as aggravating....  When a
> member replies to one of these ads, they almost always quote the
> entire ad of the original poster to say nothing but something like
> "I'll take the so and so book".  We have 500 +/- members on this email
> list, and each and every email posted, or replied to, is sent to the
> entire member list.  That means that when you say, "I'll take that" to
> the seller, it goes to the whole 500+ members.
>
> Well, I've tried to explain this before, and now it's come time to
> decide if we will allow for sale ads on this list from this point
> forward.  You sellers out there need to express the need NOW for
> people to always reply back to you ONLY, or forever stop selling on
> this list.  The debate is on, and I am real game for it.

<snip>

--
Bob Bethman/NØDGN/BC-610/Northern Radio
SP-600 Manassas, VA - MultiBand Dipoles