[AMRadio] {ADMIN NOTICE TO SELLERS AND BUYERS ON THIS LIST}

JT Croteau jt.n1ese at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 10:58:31 EST 2008

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 10:24 AM, A.R.S. - WA5AM <ars.w5ami at gmail.com> wrote:
>  The replies to these for sale ads are just as aggravating....

Jim and Jim.  I agree COMPLETELY with you but it is NOT the fault of
the sellers as is clearly evident by the recent incident where "REPLY
DIRECT" was clearly mentioned in the subject and body of the message.
I think a big part of this problem is the fact that the "reply-to"
header, configured by the reflector settings, is set to reply to the
reflector and not the  individual.  I am willing to bet that a good
percentage of the members aren't all that savy when it comes to their
email client and, by hitting reply, think they are responding directly
to the person who wrote the email.  AMradio is one of the few
relfectors I belong to where the "reply-to" header is setup like this.

Just my two cents and I do feel your pain but I see both sides of the
issue here.  I do NOT want to see selling on this reflector to go
away.

--
JT Croteau, N1ESE - Manchester, NH (FN42gx)
Contest Manager, TARA Skirmish