[AMRadio] TBW 800 Hz Power Supply

doxemf at aol.com doxemf at aol.com
Thu Jan 3 01:20:14 EST 2008

Hello Carl,

Bill, KB3DKS here.

 It was I who started the thread on the TBW setup.
  I have the HF transmitter section which is now upended on a table so
it can be wired up .
   It is a work of art with the output section containing two roller
inductors, one for final tuning and one for the antenna. I have seen
smaller rollers in so called 1 kw commercial tuners.

   The Power supply unit is useful if you intend to use the original
suppressor modulation scheme as it contains the mod transformer and
small modulator section.
   Otherwise the 800cy power supply itself is useless. A nice matching
panel that if I didn't already have the proper supplys and plate
modulator I would be interested in, but if you are close enough to
western MA for a pickup I would not mind having it myself just to
complete the set. I have the matching LF transmitter as well but it is
missing a lot of parts.

  The supply is certainly not necessary to set up the HF unit for use. I
will be using the original output tube to get it running but may
convert to an 813 later.  The trick for me now is the rebuild of the
Meissner 150B supply and mod decks to use with it.

  If you do not get the schematics I will take a try at scanning the
laminated long one that came in the case.  If you happen to come by the
actual manual, a copy of some pages would be appreciated since the
included schematic does not have any voltage readings.

Will be glad to keep you updated on my progress with the transmitter.

Have Fun,
73,
Bill, KB3DKS