[AMRadio] TBW PS disposal

charles L. mjcal77 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 3 07:59:49 EST 2008

I thought the first rule of B.A. collectors/operators is never throw
anything away.  I have disposed of things that 20 years later I have
needed.  I know there is a limit to what you can keep, but I'm not sure
where that limit is.

I was rebuilding a small travel trailer once and wanted to use one of
those restaurant stainless steel steamer pans for a shower pan.  A trip
to the local junk yard, 10 acres in size and a perfect pan was found
under a stack of rusting government surplus desks, surrounded by snake
hiding grass way back in the lot.  I carefully extracted the pan and
made my way to the front to pay for it.  The junk yard owner was not
there, and his wife was reluctant to put a price on it and said, "Bobby
Ray is not here right now, and I don't know what he wants for that, he
may have a use for that".  At this point, I discovered how all
junkyards have started.  Some fellow put some thing aside thinking one
day,"...he might have a use for that".  Before you know it, you have a
house/garage/yard or 10 acres full of stuff, some of it hiding under a
pile of other things you might have a use for.

But its fun, ain't it? And I'm still kicking myself for selling my
complete working NAVY TCS station with the 110VAC PS back in 1976.

Charlie W4MEC in NC