[AMRadio] TBW 800 Hz Power Supply

doxemf at aol.com doxemf at aol.com
Thu Jan 3 12:26:36 EST 2008

Carl,

Sounds good to me!
Nice score! Always wanted an ART-13 myself. They are right up there
with the R-390 as works of mechanical engineering and sound good on the
air when converted.

  If the original Mil aluminum transit containers are not included your
shipping cost should be reasonable. The cases for each of the CAY
units, there are three in the complete set, weigh almost as much as the
transmitters and power supply themselves. But they would not need any
packing, just shipping stickers.

  A missing output ? coil could be bothersome since the only coils in
the HF unit are the roller inductors. In the LF unit there is a very
large bee hive looking variometer that would be impossible to replace
but if you need that I could let you have the one from mine. I never
plan to get the LF unit operational since there are too many small
parts, tube sockets, resistor mounts, etc missing but the variometer is
intact.
   If a roller ind. is missing from the HF unit it  can be replaced with
one that is currently available. Maybe not as nice as the original but
will still work fine. It's a normal linear pitch wound ceramic as in
most tuners.
   Another part that could be a problem to replace is the special
antenna/transmit multicontact relay that would need to be replaced with
a couple relays to have all the functions needed.

  I will take a shot at scanning the schematic and put it up on my
website for you to look over. It's a very simple transmitter actually.

Nashua is not really much of a drive for me.

Hope to catch you on the air at 75mtrs AM some afternoon. Still need to
do work on the dipole but not till the snow is off the roof.

73,
Bill, KB3DKS