[AMRadio] TBW 800 Hz Power Supply

jeremy-ca km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Thu Jan 3 13:23:41 EST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: <doxemf at aol.com>
To: <amradio at mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2008 12:26 PM
Subject: Re: [AMRadio] TBW 800 Hz Power Supply

> Carl,
>
> Sounds good to me!
> Nice score! Always wanted an ART-13 myself. They are right up there with
> the R-390 as works of mechanical engineering and sound good on the air
> when converted.

So Ive been told. Its hard to imagine but in 51 years as a ham Ive never
seen an ART-13 in operation. If this is a virgin Im not sure what approach
to take.

>  If the original Mil aluminum transit containers are not included your
> shipping cost should be reasonable.

They werent mentioned.

The cases for each of the CAY
> units, there are three in the complete set, weigh almost as much as the
> transmitters and power supply themselves. But they would not need any
> packing, just shipping stickers.
>
>  A missing output ? coil could be bothersome since the only coils in the
> HF unit are the roller inductors. In the LF unit there is a very large bee
> hive looking variometer that would be impossible to replace but if you
> need that I could let you have the one from mine. I never plan to get the
> LF unit operational since there are too many small parts, tube sockets,
> resistor mounts, etc missing but the variometer is intact.

Thanks. Ive some thoughts about getting on 500 Kc with the next round of FCC
approvals.

>   If a roller ind. is missing from the HF unit it  can be replaced with
> one that is currently available. Maybe not as nice as the original but
> will still work fine. It's a normal linear pitch wound ceramic as in most
> tuners.

Ive a few here that can handle the power.

>   Another part that could be a problem to replace is the special
> antenna/transmit multicontact relay that would need to be replaced with a
> couple relays to have all the functions needed.
>
>  I will take a shot at scanning the schematic and put it up on my website
> for you to look over. It's a very simple transmitter actually.

The schematic will be a big help, what Ive found on line so far is mighty
poor.

> Nashua is not really much of a drive for me.
>
> Hope to catch you on the air at 75mtrs AM some afternoon. Still need to do
> work on the dipole but not till the snow is off the roof.

All I have up at the moment for the Viking I is a 75M sloper off a tower. My
other antennas are still all wired into the regular station in the basement.
All this snow caught me unprepared.

Carl
KM1H