[AMRadio] TBW 800 Hz Power Supply

Thomas Adams quixote2 at ix.netcom.com
Fri Jan 4 11:19:42 EST 2008

 >>> Hmmm,
     I thought most of that stuff was 400Hz? We used to have 60~400Hz
motor-generators on ship for our computers. I have a notch in my hearing
right at 400Hz courtesy of those mogens. <<<

The tale I heard re. 800 Hz aircraft supplies is that they were an extension of
the "less iron / less weight" principle, meant for use in LTA
(Lighter than air)
stuff; i.e., the Navy's N Class maritime patrol blimps!

These critters were a LOT more weight sensitive than conventional aircraft.

Mr. T.