[AMRadio] RG-6 Coax

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Sat Jan 5 21:16:55 EST 2008

You are correct but I wouldn't consider using it for transmitting on any
radio with power more than about 25 watts.

The original RG 6 was made well but today finding a consistent quality
cable is almost impossible unless you buy the best US specified brand,
which is almost as expensive as LMR type cable.

Even then, you are taking a chance if you try to put much over 25 watts
into it.

Jim/W5JO