[AMRadio] RG-6 Coax

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Sun Jan 6 14:03:07 EST 2008

>From the Belden site:

RG-6/U Type 1532A 6.20 Belden 1/.040? CCS GIFPE DBII/90% AL PE .024 75
16.2 -55 to +80 300

The last number in that list is the voltage rating of Belden RG 6 U for
burial type.  So if you run a KW that means your voltage is near 265
volts.  This is fine provided you have a good match.

What I am saying is that not all RG 6 is as good quality so one must be
careful.  I have seen some  RG 6 that I wouldn't put more than 25 watts
into because of the construction.  This is particularly true of foam
filled.  It melts at a lower temperature than PE.  Usually the drop
cable used by CATV people is much better.

Jim/W5JO