[AMRadio] RG-6 Coax

jeremy-ca km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Sun Jan 6 14:56:14 EST 2008

Hmmmm, since all RG-6 uses a foam dielectric your comment is rather
confusing. The premade Chinese cables available at box stores and raw
unbranded cable should be suspect of course. I use Com Scope and Times as
they are readily available from CATV crews in useable lengths.

Also consider that there is a substantial margin to the published breakdown
voltage and youre good to go at a substantial power level. Ive known hams
that use RG-58 to feed HV to amps at over 2500V!

Many years ago I used RG-6 as the coax part of a G5RV at 600W and never had
a breakdown even at the rather high VSWR.

The power levels Ive mentioned are for CW and SSB, derate for AM.

Carl
KM1H