[AMRadio] Become the Strapper of the North: property f/s in

D. Chester k4kyv at charter.net
Mon Jan 14 13:21:23 EST 2008

Route 1, Northern Maine, near New Brunswick border.

Self-supporting tower and shack included!  3.2 acres, $39.9K.  If I were
looking for a spot to build a retirement home, or had any reason to move to
that part of Maine, I'd consider it myself.  You could take down the
microwave dishes and build a transmitter building right on top of the
tower - no feedline needed.  Betcha could even build an 80m yagi that would
withstand ice storms on top of that thing.

Or lay out radials and feed the whole tower as a fat shunt-fed vertical.
>From the map and photos, (assuming the tower is  located in the middle) the
property is just about exactly the right size for quarter-wave ground plane
for 160, and the tower looks to be about 120 ft. tall.

Right now, real estate is a buyer's market.

http://www.realtor.com/realestate/topsfield-me-04490-1092696524/