[AMRadio] Become the Strapper of the North: property f/s

Jay Bromley jayw5jay at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 00:56:44 EST 2008

Hi Don,
That looks like an old AT&T long line site.  Some were owned by American
Tower a few years back and could be had for a song.  The only problem with
most of them was bad location, not much land goes with them, usually right
on the road as Brent mentioned.

There are still a few here in the area.  One ham group got the site for a
song and then sold the generator for what they paid for the site!  Most were
built for WWIII in mind and had very thick walls of concrete.  I inquired
about one site near here, but it was a little over 200 feet, I didn't want
to mess with monitoring the tower light or lowering the tower to do anyway
with that part of it.

73 de  w5jay/jay..