[AMRadio] Home-brewing construction considerations

John Coleman jc at pctechref.com
Thu Jan 17 13:09:45 EST 2008

Hi Geoff:
	In my opinion, the coils should be tied together in the middle as
close to the coils as possible, either on the male bar or on the female bar.
RF current flows on the wires between the coils so it is imperative that the
wire be capable of handling the skin effect and current of the RF which is
much greater than the DC/audio connection from the top of the RF choke. So
rather than making two connections to the RF choke, where you would need to
make large wire and have RF flowing though it, just make one connection with
flexible wire and join the coils together at the coils.

John, WA5BXO