[AMRadio] Re: AMRadio Digest, Vol 48, Issue 25 (posting replies)

D. Chester k4kyv at charter.net
Thu Jan 17 14:50:17 EST 2008

> That discussion should have been kept off the list Ed, sorry.  I had
> hoped one of the two parties would have told us the mistake so we
> would know what was going on.  This is like beating a dead horse for
> me, over and over again....  Advertise your stuff on the list, buy
> your stuff from the seller, but PLEASE do not use the list to conduct
> your transactions, shipping questions, etc.  400+ members do not need
> to know all that information.  Remember, this is not an online web
> forum, it's an "email list".  Each and every message you post goes to
> someones email account.

And PLEASE^2, when  replying to a message, if you quote the original, snip
out everything but what is relevant to the message at hand.  Many of the
posted messages quote the entire thread leading up to that message, headers
and all.  Out of self-defence, I use the Digest Mode, and sometimes it goes
on page after page, a mixed mess, mostly previous messages quoted in their
entirety.  This makes it difficult to find and sort out the real messages
and wastes far too much storage space on the server. It takes about 10 extra
seconds to highlight and delete the irrelevant text.

Don k4kyv