[AMRadio] Hamfest creeps

Rick rickb at tx.rr.com
Fri Jan 18 16:12:41 EST 2008

That's sad.  Are these guys really hams or want to be hams and CBers?  I can
remember not so long ago when a ham radio operator was a very well respected
member of society who had the ability to perform magic with radios and
considered to be very bright.  Do you suppose the CB revolution and all of
the riff-raff (not to say there weren't and are a lot of good CB operators)
it exposed society to has forever tainted the image of a good, CLEAN and
HONEST ham radio operator?  What a shame if it has.

Rick/K5IAR

For several years I carried a VHS camera to Dayton and other hamfests and
made it a point to tape those types of losers. Then replayed at various club

meetings, etc.

A friend once stated that if a bomb landed on the Dayton Convention Center
the nations gene pool would be dramatically improved!

One time at Dayton I had several tables set up and another ham helping. One
fat creep came by in a motorized wheel chair and he was noticed helping
himself to my items. We both went and confronted him and he started making a

scene. It ended when we flipped him out of his chair and all sorts of
goodies rolled out. Security called a cop over and they hauled him off.

Carl
KM1H