[AMRadio] Home-brewing construction considerations

Brett Gazdzinski brett.gazdzinski at verizon.net
Fri Jan 18 17:04:24 EST 2008

And after having built a few rigs with NO consideration about TVI, I would
not spend
a lot of time shielding or worrying about out of band signals, I never had a
problem other than raw rf power getting into things.

If it chews up the phone, audio equipment, and 99% of TV
interferance, its just RF overload.

Funny, I can tune the FM radio in the kitchen by changing my TX
frequency on 40 meters. The dipole is 30 feet above the radio
which has a long wip antenna on it....

I never had a situation where harmonics or some vhf/uhf stuff from
the transmitters was a problem.

Brett
N2DTS