[AMRadio] Recent insulting threads

A.R.S. - WA5AM ars.w5ami at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 12:53:21 EST 2008

This recent thread about some folks that are overweight, obese, or
whatever, is really VERY insulting and degrading.  A few pop up jokes
can be taken lightly, however this "thing" that some of you have said
is really getting down to scummy insults.  What the hell is wrong here
people?  Is it the elections?  Winter?  Sidebanders?  What?

There are people that are "bad apples" in every walk of life, in
various forms of physical shape, disabled, or something else, but I
know a lot of people that are overweight, or have some (and some
serious) sort of condition that some of you don't consider "proper",
that are very good folk.  They are my friends, and some have seen
these recent threads, and thank God, some have not.

This list is for discussion of AM operation in the Amateur Radio
service.  The topics on this list are to be dedicated to that subject.

You can go somewhere else to vent your feelings about the appearance
of people.  We all hear enough insults, QRM, and bashing on the radio.
 There is no place for it here.....

Clean up this crap on this list or get off.

--
"Money is only temporary, radios are forever" - Jim Little aka "the
old dawg"/K5BAI