[AMRadio] What is the purpose of these replies?

D. Chester k4kyv at charter.net
Mon Jan 21 20:16:22 EST 2008

This has had me puzzled for a long time.

I have noticed that very frequently someone will reply to a previous message
on a thread by simply quoting the entire message and adding nothing new, no
comments or anything.  Just the original text with ">" at the beginning of
every line.  No follow-up or explanation.  What is the purpose of this?  Or
did someone just click on the wrong button?

I get enough junk in the inbox with replies that quote the every single
message in the entire thread, headers and all, along with the new message.
But when there isn't even a new message it really baffles me.

Don k4kyv