[AMRadio] Recent threads

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 14:07:19 EST 2008

On Jan 22, 2008 1:40 PM, Peter Markavage <manualman at juno.com> wrote:
> You should never assume that because "you" don't hear them on the air,
> that people here and on AMfone aren't on the air.

I never assume anything, Pete. You of all people should know that, and
should know why. (o:

As well as 80 meters, I keep receivers listening on 40, 160, and other
bands when conditions permit. Most weekends the Clegg stations are
monitoring 2 & 6 also, to no avail. My statements are based on what
stations "I" can hear on a net night or corntest weekend as well as
calls seen online, who don't seem to appear otherwise.

>There's a lot more to ham radio then just working "80 meter AM"!

I'd go even further Pete, and say that there's even more to promoting
and preserving amateur radio than simply enjoying it, but you gotta
start somewhere. Getting people on the air more and online less (at
least with respect to ham radio) would, in my opinion, be a step in
the right direction.

Fact of the matter is, plenty of folks piss and moan, fewer actually
'do'. The internet just makes it that much easier.  Voting is a
perfect example.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ