[AMRadio] Re: Recent insulting threads

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 01:05:29 EST 2008

D. Chester wrote:
> Wasn't he the one with the Kelvinator Kilowatt, a transmitter built
> into an old refrigerator?

Not sure if he called it a 'Kelvinator', but Johnny/W5TMI in Bomerton,
TX (back in the 50's/60's) build up his 40m rig in a refrigerator...

>   If that (the anthem proposal) had passed, wouldn't it be cool to
> play the Jemi Hendrix version (IMO the best instrumental rendition of
> the national anthem ever played by anyone) at the end of every QSO?

Seems I recall that Mike (then)W5FZ, Lee/W0VT and Darrell/WA5VGO when
they resurrected the prototype KW-1, they played a patriotic tune.  I
forget if it was the National Anthem or the Star Spangled Banner... but
on it's inaugural transmission, something patriotic was played.

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope,

73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR