[AMRadio] Re: Mike, W5FZ

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 16:02:28 EST 2008

D. Chester wrote:
> Mike's call used to be K5FZJ (or was it WA5FZJ?),

dunno... that was before I met him in 1985/6 when he was (then) K5FZ
(Fuzzy Zipper)

> and then  he got it changed to W5FZ.  I ran into him at Dayton one
> year, the first time I ever met him in person.
>
> Haven't heard him on the air for years.  What happened to him?
>
> And has he changed call signs again?

He has.  The last time I worked Mike, he was W5MP (Mike Palmer) and he
was in Costa Rica (/TI5) and it was on 17m ssb.

Last I heard, his whole (married) family was down there.. wife, kids...
she wanted to go back to Houston - he wanted to stay.  He stayed, and
she left.  Dunno anything more than that.

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope,

73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR/5 New Orleans