[AMRadio] Receiver Noise Reduction Devices

Mike Duke, K5XU k5xu at comcast.net
Thu Jan 24 20:26:40 EST 2008

I'm looking for a way to reduce a received noise which is being back-fed
into a nearby powerline from something inside a house about a block away.
I've been working with my power company, and we are in agreement that it is
coming from the owner's side of the meter.

This noise is killing all but the strongest signals on 160 and 80 meters,
and is almost as bad on the lower half of 40.

The noise sounds like a strong white noise on 80 and 40, and more like an
electric motor on 160 and the AM bc band.

Will a device such as the MFJ 1025 or 1026 reduce this noise enough to be
worth spending the money for it, or should I just prey for lightning in the
next block?

Mike Duke, K5XU