[AMRadio] Outside noise source

charles L. mjcal77 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 25 10:19:50 EST 2008

I would think also that you should pursue the source of the problem,
and document it.  If it is some device in a house, and the owner is not
willing to help solve it, you might have to start down the FCC road to
have them deal with.  But you may also be saving the owners life and
possessions.  I know you have all heard the story of the bell
transmformer being on the edge of starting a fire, and I had the actual
experience with a neighbor one time, where when looking for an erratic
buzz, found his bell transformer so hot, a house fire was probably in
his future.  It took over an hour for that thing to cool down so we
could replace it.

Charlie W4MEC in NC