[AMRadio] Receiver Noise Reduction Devices

Mike WE0H we0h at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 27 03:56:53 EST 2008

I had a street light that would cycle on & off at night creating 20/9
noise on 600 meters. I emailed our city's maintenance department telling
them the light was cycling and causing harmful interference to a
licensed Amateur Radio station. They replaced the light within 3 days
and the noise floor on 600 meters went down dramatically for me. I
emailed them back and thanked them for repairing it so quick. I did
purchase a MFJ 1026 before I discovered what the interference was from
and now use it to kill off WCCO's 830kc splatter on 600 meters. I works
great but is hard to tune up at times.

Mike
WE0H