[AMRadio] Invitation to a SURVEY

jcotton at excite.com jcotton at excite.com
Mon Jan 28 15:20:21 EST 2008

It would be nice to know what each of us is using for equipment and antennas, and so on.  I encourage everyone to participate in a survey, and I will volunteer to collect your replies and report to the list, with statistics and such.
Please reply to the list, or to me at jcotton at excite.com.  If you have more than one (transmitter, antenna, etc) please reply regarding your "main" equipment.

What is your favorite band (80m, 160m, 40m etc)?
What kind of antenna (dipole, vertical, etc) do you use?
What type of line (open feeder, rg59, etc) do you use for feeding of your antenna?  Do you use a transmatch or antenna tuner?
Do you use a separate transmitter and receiver, or a transciever?
What times and days of the week do you operate?
Average amount of time per week occupied in ham radio?
What do you enjoy most, the technical (building, repairing) or operating?
And last but not least, any comments!

Thanks for participating in the survey.
Joe N3IQA