[AMRadio] Invitation to a SURVEY

Phil LaMarche plamarc1 at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Jan 28 15:29:11 EST 2008

Philip LaMarche
LaMarche Enterprises, Inc.
www.instantgourmetspices.com
www.w9dvm.com
800-395-7795 pin 02
727-944-3226
FAX 727-937-8834
NASFT 30210
W9DVM

-----Original Message-----
From: amradio-bounces at mailman.qth.net
[mailto:amradio-bounces at mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of jcotton at excite.com
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2008 3:20 PM
To: amradio at mailman.qth.net
Subject: [AMRadio] Invitation to a SURVEY

It would be nice to know what each of us is using for equipment and
antennas, and so on.  I encourage everyone to participate in a survey, and I
will volunteer to collect your replies and report to the list, with
statistics and such.
Please reply to the list, or to me at jcotton at excite.com.  If you have more
than one (transmitter, antenna, etc) please reply regarding your "main"
equipment.

What is your favorite band (80m, 160m, 40m etc)? 80 and 160
What kind of antenna (dipole, vertical, etc) do you use? Dipole with
reflector and L for 160
What type of line (open feeder, rg59, etc) do you use for feeding of your
antenna?  Do you use a transmatch or antenna tuner?MT 3000A  All antenna's
fed with 213 coax
Do you use a separate transmitter and receiver, or a transciever? Both CE
200V and Collins 32V1/75A1
What times and days of the week do you operate?Mornings and evenings
Average amount of time per week occupied in ham radio? 4 hours
What do you enjoy most, the technical (building, repairing) or operating?
Operating
And last but not least, any comments!Been a ham for 59 years but not
technical.  I really enjoy AM and when not on AM I use a Flex-5000A software
defined radio. Ham radio even took me to the North Pole in 1958 on Drift
Station Alpha

Thanks for participating in the survey.
Joe N3IQA