[AMRadio] Invitation to a SURVEY

EdwMullin at aol.com EdwMullin at aol.com
Mon Jan 28 21:06:41 EST 2008

What is your favorite band (80m, 160m, 40m  etc)?
--160 and 80 right now.   Rarely 40, never higher on AM but will work DX on
20m SSB and CW.

What  kind of antenna (dipole, vertical, etc) do you use?
--160 Dipole  for all bands, strung up in some 70ft pines over the house,
crazy through the  remaining trees.

What type of line (open feeder, rg59, etc) do you use  for feeding of your
antenna?
--  Crappy brown twin lead. from  tuner to dipole. Works good for the Power
level in use here.

Do you use a  transmatch or antenna tuner?
--I use a home brew K1JJ  Style tuner, 40 turns 1/4 copper tubing on a 4in
pvc forn with a 150 pf bread  slicer. Link coupled.

Do you use a separate transmitter and receiver, or  a transciever?
-- Main Rig (AM) is a Modified Viking Valiant, with an R-390A  as reciever.
-- Kenwood TS-520 for SSB and CW (also on any band higher than  40)

What times and days of the week do you operate?
--Weekends  Fri through Sunday. Rarely weekdays for nets or something
special. Tough to get  on with Kids and crazy schedules of work and life...

Average amount of  time per week occupied in ham radio?
-- too much acording to the XYL... but  really maybe 4-6hrs as an average for
a week. If you don't count time just  listening on HB receivers then maybe
3hrs.

What do you enjoy most, the  technical (building, repairing) or operating?
-- building, trying to find the  perfect antenna for my QTH.
-- also enjoy the Quick fire Breakin QSOs better than Old buzzard
transmissionZzzzzz.

And last but not least, any comments!
I think this list and the folks who participate in it are  great...

Thanks for participating in the survey.
Joe N3IQA