[AMRadio] Invitation to a SURVEY status

jcotton at excite.com jcotton at excite.com
Tue Jan 29 12:37:50 EST 2008

Thanks to everyone who replied so far to this survey.  I have ten unique responses, and the entries are as varied as the people who enjoy our hobby.

For those who responded to me directly, I will honor you by not pubishing your name, unless you include permission in a subsuquent email.  If you responded to the list, then the world knows you, so there isnt much point in keeping your response anonymous.

It was an oversight, but I think that I should respond to my own survey!  OK, here it is...

Name and call:  Joe Cotton, N3IQA
What is your favorite band (80m, 160m, 40m etc)? 80m, with 40 a close second.  I am waiting for 20 and below to open up again!
What kind of antenna (dipole, vertical, etc) do you use? 80m slope dipole up 50 to zero feet.  I am still looking for a better solution to the antenna problem, (which is my secret motivation to this survey) any suggestions?
What type of line (open feeder, rg59, etc) do you use for feeding of your antenna? rg59 coax
Do you use a transmatch or antenna tuner? Not if I can help it.  Never had much luck.
Do you use a separate transmitter and receiver, or a transciever? transciever
What times and days of the week do you operate? sundays or evenings
Average amount of time per week occupied in ham radio? two hours, maybe.
What do you enjoy most, the technical (building, repairing) or operating? I have built some rigs, repaired others.  Right now, I am "organizing" my spare parts collection...I am trying to improve my cw speed and accuracy, so please bear with me on that.
And last but not least, any comments! I am happy to organize this little survey, it helps to get to know each other.  See you on the air.
JOE N3IQA