[AMRadio] Invitation to a SURVEY

Mark K3MSB mark.k3msb at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 18:24:13 EST 2008

> What is your favorite band (80m, 160m, 40m etc)?
10M them 6M

> What kind of antenna (dipole, vertical, etc) do you use?
3 Element Yagi on 10
5 Element Yagi on 6

> What type of line (open feeder, rg59, etc) do you use for feeding of your antenna?
Coax

Do you use a transmatch or antenna tuner?
No

> Do you use a separate transmitter and receiver, or a transciever?
10M AM:  Yes.   6M AM: No

> What times and days of the week do you operate?
Weekends.

> Average amount of time per week occupied in ham radio?
5 to 10

> What do you enjoy most, the technical (building, repairing) or operating?
Restoring BA gear.  Very active in contesting/Dxing also;

> And last but not least, any comments!
Restoring BA gear and running AM makes me appreciate the level of
technology available in the new generation of Yaewoodcom radios;
Using the Yaewoodcom radios for contesting / DXing makes me appreciate
running tube gear;  it provide a unique perspective that new
"pushbutton auto-everything" hams can't get, or won't attempt.  Runing
tube gear one develops the skill of radio repair and electronic
problem solving;  that's not there with the Yaewoodcom only crowd.

73 Mark K3MSB