[AMRadio] Re: OT SSB on 510 KHz]

Mike Duke, K5XU k5xu at comcast.net
Tue Jan 29 19:07:16 EST 2008

Wow!

The /2 station really did sound good... far better than some of the
so-called enhanced ssb stations I've heard.

I've not paid much attention to that experiment, so I don't know how much
power or antenna the participants are allowed.

I figure if we ever do see an allocation near 500 khz, it will be restricted
like the current one at 60 meters. The 60 meter channels, excluding perhaps
channel 3 where the government station is transmitting most of the time,
produce some very good signals, but are much under-utilized now that the new
has worn away.

K5XU