[AMRadio] Re: OT SSB on 510 KHz]

Mike WE0H we0h at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 29 23:25:02 EST 2008

Hi Mike,

The band that WD2XSH has is 505-510kc. Everything between those freq's.
Th eWE2XGR license has 505-515kc. No channelizing. More modes than a guy
cares to use. Power is set by effective radiated power (ERP). XSH is 20w
ERP & XGR is 200w ERP. The guys run QRP to several kilowatt. Many are
200w to 1kw. Antennas range from a 30' vertical to 100+ foot verticals.
There is one military station that shows up on schedule I believe it is
the 3rd Thursday of the month and sticks around for a few days then is
gone until next month. It's a CW station around Norfolk. That's kind of
a quick run down on what's happening down there. More info at www.500kc.com

Mike
WE0H