[AMRadio] AMers should not operate other modes??

ne1s at neandertech.com ne1s at neandertech.com
Wed Jan 30 12:22:58 EST 2008

My view:

Racism, sexism, "modism" are all various faces of collectivism.

It's somewhat natural to associate with others you have things in common
with, but to believe or act like these superficial characteristics or
habits make one superior to anyone else is wrong and foolish.

I spend by far most of my time on AM, but of course that doesn't make me
any better than any other ham (or non-ham). I also have enjoyed CW, SSB,
RTTY in various forms, SSTV, packet, yada, yada. There's a new weekly AWA
net on 160M, mostly SSB, but some of the guys have been checking in on AM.
All are welcome. I have been using SSB on this net, because it gives me a
chance to exercise my CE20A. And I was just participating in an AWA
(low-key, no pun intended) CW contest last weekend.

Ham radio is a cross-section of society, and its participants run the gamut.

73,
-Larry/NE1S