[AMRadio] Operating Modes

Mike Duke, K5XU k5xu at comcast.net
Wed Jan 30 18:54:46 EST 2008

I operate AM because I enjoy the mode. Same goes for CW.

I also enjoy SSB, but sometimes operate it out of necessity rather than
simply for the pleasure.

Those individuals who feel threatened by the simple fact that another
amateur operates modes other than a given favorite need to get a life, or
seek professional help. They are no more effective than the group who took
grate pride in sporting their "shut up and learn the code" T-shirts
following the advent of the codeless tech license.

I run a "rice box" most of the time, and have found no valid reason to even
consider offering an apology for doing so. Same goes for various converted
CB rigs on 10 meters.

Mike Duke, K5XU