[AMRadio] Re: New IP address

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 14:15:13 EST 2008

rbethman wrote:
> Don,
>
> It really depends on your ISP.  I've had Comcast for about 9 years.
> I've had the same IP Address the whole time.
>
> While it is NOT a "static" address, it is still always the same.
>
> Of course once you hit my internal router - all bets are off!  Being a
> computer type by profession, I have my own network and methods in
> place to keep the "bad" guys and "things" out.
>
> Bob - N0DGN
>
> D. Chester wrote:

same thing at my place, Bob.  I think my ip has changed 4 times over the
last 5 years.

While the ISP (same, I think, as John's, just a different city) declares
that "thou shalt not run servers", port re-direction works fine, and
those that have been invited to look at some of the AM Related pictures,
files, schematics, tube-data-sheets, etc... know about it.

It's also what allows me, through a pgp encrypted and password protected
ip tunnel through the firewall on the linux server at home, to access my
workstation while I'm on the road (as I am now).

Laissez les *bon ton roulette*!

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope,

73 = Best Regards,